Sunday, April 22, 2012

Comments on my best facebook looks...


I came across some old pictures of myself on facebook today, and could barely deal with how embarrassing some of my outfits were. Esepcially because, I know that at the time I thought I looked awesome... otherwise I wouldn't have worn it. Enjoy...

This is actually like the second picture of me ever put on facebook. Back then, I thought wearing a tank top and junking it up with some accessories equaled an outfit. Pretty sure those jeans are from Arden B., the necklace is from Forever 21 as is that WIDE BELT ON MY HIPS, and the watch is totally a G Shock...

I actually don't have a problem with this sweater only because I really do feel confident that it was cute from 2005. You can tell by the grandma-ness that its obviously from Anthropologie. I wore the shit out of that sweater...

This one's from high school. When reading back on notes in my yearbook, a lot of people referred to me as a fashionista or very stylish... And if that were true, it's because I went to high school in rural northwest Houston. So check it: cropped denim jacket (which, actually are kind of fine now), brown belt from fossillllllll, boot cut khaki pants from American Eagle, and duh - Saucony tennis shoes to sweeten the deal. Plus, I can't even really talk about those sidebangs...

I hate this shirt probably more than any top I have ever owned. Sort of like most things I have purchased from Banana Republic. This is the worst neckline, ever. For everyone. A lot of the real housewives of OC are really into the cross halter thing...

Oh man, this is great. Betsey Johnson, people. Asymetrical hem. The time stamp indicates that this is from 2003, so I was clearly way ahead of my time. ALSO, I MADE THAT CHOKER. I bought black lace trim from Michael's because no dress is 2003 would be complete without a choker. Or a spikey, weird updo...

There's actually nothing wrong with this outfit, but I am pretty sure I submitted this picture for RUSH. I knew nothing about rush going into it, so my mom and I were like ooooh! let's go take some pictures in the front yard! No wonder Chi-O cut me on the first day...

I know for a fact that I thought I was KILLING IT in this outfit. I had my first Louis Vuitton in tow and no one could stop me. This was 2002, I think. Again, matching choker, but this one had a flower on it. I am sure I was like omg this is just like something CARRIE from Sex and the City would wear!...

Zeta tshirt, frayed denim skirt, New Balance 993s. No matter how big of a fratty doucher you were in 2005, this was not ok. This picture was taken at my sorority house... meaning there were 38 other girls who could have said something about me wearing a denim skirt with men's running shoes...

I like this Trina Turk dress, but I just wanted to point out that I am like literally the only person in my biomedical engineering study abroad group not wearing black. Other than that, we totally had TONS in common...

Vacation Fun. Just making sure everyone knows I am on vacation and having a good time...

 First, I do not do cleavage, so I hate this picture. But most of my feelings are on that belt. I think like every girl at UT had that belt in different colors. I also had white and black. It was like the savior of every outfit. Not sure if you like a dress? JUST BELT IT! I wish I could make this tshirt look a little cuter... JUST BELT IT, GIRL!...

I clearly hated this Alice & Olivia dress even as I was wearing it. But hey, ch-ch-chanel earrings make it better, right? Maybe if I curl my hair, people won't notice how weird this dress is that I just spent $300 on...

This was at a britney spears themed party. Everyone got to come as their favorite Britney. I came as celebrity meltdown-gas station britney. (She actually had those exact sunglasses). I love this so much that I just wanted to share...

So that's it. After 2006, I mostly pulled it together and stopped dressing like an idiot. I really don't regret anything I have worn in the past 4 years. That's about the time I started wearing skinny jeans and never looked back.

Love,
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment