Sunday, September 25, 2011

6 days until my first (and only) fitting...

Next Saturday, I will be going to Stanley Korshak in Dallas to dry on my wedding dress for the first time. I saw my dress online before I even met Thomas, and kept it on my backburner ever since. A coworker was getting married and we were looking at dresses on the internet (good work ethic, I know). This dress must have JUST debuted on the runway, because when I went to try on dresses a year and half later it had finally just popped up in stores. Unfortunately, it also popped up in the first 5 pages of every bridal magazine and on the cover of Houston brides. Oh, and the home page of the designer's website. So yeah, if you pay attention to bridal magazines, you've probably seen it. I swear, I SAW IT FIRST!

Obviously, I don't want to give away too many details, but the main reason I love it so much is because its very formal and designer, but it blends perfectly with the relaxed atmosphere of the texas hill country.

These were my 2nd and 3rd place picks. Both by Vera Wang, although that is NOT the designer of my dress... 

The dress on top is AMAZING, and the one on bottoms is super feminine and abstract, but in the end Vera couldn't sway me from my love at first sight dress. Also, I would like to mention that designers need to stop using hungry 14 year olds for bridal modeling. For the first time in my life, I felt the dresses actually looked better on me than the models I had seen them on.

Love,
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment