Friday, September 23, 2011

Wedding fitness...

I always assumed that when I got engaged, I would suddenly have what it takes to make myself magically skinny. I was partially right. I do have what it takes, but losing weight on purpose is next to impossible. When I moved to New York, I accidentally lost 20 lbs because I never worked out, and I was either a. too lazy to venture out to get food or b. I was too proud to go eat at a restaurant by myself. So easy. But now, I have been torturing myself for months and months with minor progress.

Here's the lowdown... I try to eat about 1200 calories a day, but about 3 times a week I am probably consuming more like 1400-1500 (mostly from my new addiction to frozen yogurt and my old addiction to tortilla chips). Not many calories, right? Now consider that I am working out like a MANIAC. While I was working, I was running over 3 miles 5x a week plus additional cardio. Now that I am unemployed (due to an upcoming relocation back to Houston), I am working out AT LEAST 2 hours a day of various exercises including running, boot camp, bikram yoga, spinning, and zumba. I am exhausted and starving basically every minute that I am awake. PS - I am sure it varies with every gym/instructor, but the zumba class I go to is wayyyy skanky (think "flirty girl fitness"). It's like one step away from being a pole dancing class. Anyone else experienced this?

My progress... I HAVE made progress. Since we got engaged, I have lost about 15 lbs, and gone down a size in every type of clothing. I really do feel like I have a lot to be proud of in terms of health and overall fitness, but I would like to lose another 15 lbs for the wedding. Not going to happen at this point, and I wish more than anything that I would have committed to improving my fitness a lot sooner than I did. So if you are a bride to be and hoping to shape up for your wedding, start as early as possible. Losing weight now is nothing like it was in high school, and realistically the most you can lose is about 1 lb per week. Do the math.

The best part... All my final sale GILT purchases that came in too small NOW FIT! Hello yellow strapless Tibi dress!

Love,
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment