Wednesday, April 4, 2012

THE SECOND TRIMESTER! Better than awards season...

A lot happened yesterday. It was the first official day of my second trimester, and we had a doctor appointment. The second trimester is supposed to be the easiest one because most people no longer have morning sickness and it's before you get so huge that life basically becomes miserable. Well, my "morning" sickness is about 80% gone and I am feeling so much better. Plus, just the fact that I have hit a milestone with no problems or complications is a huge releif.

The doctor visit wasn't monumental... He basically just felt my belly and answered some questions. And per usual, I had to pee in a cup. If the world ran on urine, every president and prime minister across the globe would be a pregnant woman. You have to pee constantly, and can pretty much produce it on demand. Jealous? I thought so. Anyway, we got to hear the baby's heartbeat through a little doppler. At first, I heard nothing and almost panicked, then BAM... a loud, galloping 160 BPM. I think Thomas and I both were very proud parents at that moment. And then, of course, Thomas took all the credit for the heartbeat. "Oh the baby must get that from me," as he says about any positive baby atttributes. YEAH. The strong heartbeat probably comes from you, husband, and NOT the human who is currently growing and housing the baby.

I've been reading a lot lately about how my baby is growing a fur coat called lanugo. Because the baby can't really store fat yet, the extra hair acts as an insulator, I guess. So I just keep imagining a fetus wearing a fur coat. Although, the coat I imagine is chinchilla, but I couldn't find a good image for that...


That is an actual picture of my uterus. You're welcome.

Love,
Lauren



No comments:

Post a Comment