Monday, May 7, 2012

Nursery ideas...

I am super excited to create a nursery for our baby. Obviously, I had to wait until we knew we were having a boy to move on any major ideas and color schemes. From my experience with my nephew, boys quickly become too big and manly for baby stuff... so I want the nursery to be cool and slightly modern instead of sweet and cutesy. Plus it will save me some monayyyy in the longrun.



A lot of the room is dictated by three givens. 1. I have known from the beginning that I want a simple, white Jenny Lind crib. They're super affordable, I like the classic appeal, and I had one when I was a baby. 2. I already have that wood dresser from pottery barn (currently in our master bedroom), and it is the perfect size/height to put a changing table on top of. 3. I really want to get a nice glider that will last, and I could see myself using navy again if we have a little girl in the future. 

For fabric, I like this seafoam ikat print from Spoonflower, which by the way, is the coolest fabric website ever. So I am thinking curtains in the ikat, and maybe a small part of the crib bedding in the same print. Or a lumbar pillow for the glider. 

The whole thing is still just an idea for now, but I have a feeling the baby is going to end up having the best room in the house. 

Love,
Lauren

Follow T&G on Facebook here: http://www.facebook.com/turqandgold

No comments:

Post a Comment