Wednesday, March 21, 2012

I'm Pregnant. You may have some questions...

   WE'RE HAVING A BABY!!!

The only thing more impressive than growing a human being inside of my body are those amazing photoshop skills.


Q: You're pregnant? Gross.

Not really a question, but thank you. Yes, I am pregnant with a human baby. And everything about it so far has been pretty gross. 

Q: Were you trying to get pregnant?

This is the first thing I would wonder if I saw someone that was pregnant within 3 months of getting married. And the answer is no, we were not trying. And I don't mean it the way celebrities mean it, "well, we weren't NOT trying." This is no way diminishes how happy we are to be having a baby, and there was no disappointment when we found out that I am pregnant. It does however highlight the irony of my fitness goals for the year 2012. For instance, I entered a 9-month fitness makeover competition for Oxygen magazine and had Thomas take pictures of me in my sportsbra. That happened the week I conceived. At least I have good "before" pictures to look at once my stomach gets gigantic. 

Q: How far along are you?

As of today, I am exactly 12 weeks. 

Q: What fruit size is your baby?

I have no idea. I also don't really care if your baby is the size of two beefsteak tomatos. If I had to guess, I'd say somewhere in between a grape and a watermelon. My facebook is flooded with baby fruits every day, and I guess I just don't really get it. I love reading about people's pregnancies and seeing pictures of their bumps/babies, but this fruit thing has to stop. However, I was really enthralled by the status of our baby's tail, which has disappeared by now.

Q: Are you showing yet?

Eh. I've gained about 4 lbs, but since my midsection has never been particularly lean, I just kind of look a little chubbier for the time being. You can tell moreso by touching my stomach because it has a hardness that doesn't come with eating a family size bag of skittles. Which I have also done. 

Q: Are you going to find out the sex of the baby?

Hell yes. In my mind, having a baby boy and having a baby girl are two completely different experiences and I can hardly visualize life with the baby until I know. We should be able to find out some time in May. It's going to be a big deal. Thomas thinks it's a girl. My dad thinks it's a boy. My mom told me today that our dog, Reesie, thinks it's a girl. I have had no "feelings" either way, yet.

Q: Have you thought of any names yet?

Yes, we have. And no, I don't feel like sharing them with anyone. Not even my parents. But don't worry, I will give you enough notice to buy plenty of monogrammed baby gifts. 

Q: Are you still doing crossfit and the paleo diet?

HA. The first week I knew I was pregnant, I still felt ok most of the time. So I thought to myself that there was NO WAY I was going to stop working out because of pregnancy or start eating CARBS again. Me? NEVER! 48 hours later I fell asleep at 2 in the afternoon with my hand in a cheetos bag. I have had unbearable morning sickness which I will get into at a later time... But no, I have not had any real workout schedule since I fell victim to morning sickness. Also, about the only thing that doesnt make me sick are foods that are explicitly not paleo-friendly. Sorry, baby... let's hope I can pull it together in the next couple of months. *On a serious note, I would like to mention that when I had my initial blood work done at the doctor, he said I had the best tests he had ever seen. I 100% attribute this to Crossfit/Paleo. To have amazing bloodwork when you're still medically considered "overweight" (by about 8 lbs) has to count for something, and if you need to improve your health go out and buy The Paleo Solution. Then read it. Then do everything it says. 

Q: Is your blog mostly going to be about baby stuff now?

Probably. If you're not into reading about pregnancy, birth, or babies, then just stop reading now. I'm totally cool with it, and I would rather not annoy you.

Love,
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment