Thursday, May 10, 2012

Too good not to share...

Pregnancy has led me to some pretty freaky corners of the internet forum world, and somehow yesterday I ended up on this thread about marijuana use during pregnancy. Basically it was a very generalized blurb on a baby website that said "studies show..." that marijuana use should be avoided during pregnancy. I mean, that's probably just general common sense, but like everything else, I am sure thousands of perfect babies have been delivered to mommy potheads. Although, I have to admit, that when I was in the worst of my morning sickness, I remember daydreaming about medicinal marijuana for about five seconds. I mean, whatever. I would never smoke pot while pregnant, but I also feel it's still probably better than smoking cigarettes while pregnant. (That statement is totally based on a non-scientific hunch I have. Please consult your doctor if you have any questions about lighting up a doobie with a bun in the oven.)

The comments on this little article were priceless. They were like 95% from moms who said they smoked pot all the time when they were pregnant for a variety of reasons. About 95% of the comments also had terrible spelling and grammar. Just saying. 

So this one is just simply the best, and I felt it was way too good not to share:
---
ARE YOU TIRED OF BEING JUDGED! JUST WANT SOMEONE TO TALK TO? ARE YOU SICK AND TIRED OF NOT BEING ABLE TO ENJOY A DECENT CONVERSATION WITHOUT SOMEONE ADDING A BIASED OPINION....well if so, read on. For those of you who are interested in talking about this topic freely and fairly without passing jugdement or having judgement passed on you please email me for a link to the new site.smokinmomz@yahoo.com There was a new site created where some of the old babycenter members have migrated to like myself to listen and discuss this topic freely. Its not only about this topic but many pregnancy related topics also. Please join us! We would love more members who can relate and chat about this subject and other related ones.
---

So if you've been looking for a pre-natal marijuana support group, you're welcome. SMOKINMOMZ@YAHOO.COM is eagerly awaiting your participation.



Love,
Lauren


If you haven't already liked T&G on Facebook, please click here and see what it's all about!
http://www.facebook.com/turqandgold

No comments:

Post a Comment