Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mothers Day!



Happy mothers day out there to all the moms and moms-to-be! And if you are a particularly great dog-mom, then you deserve a special day too! That picture is my mom and I in 1987, right before I turned two. Did you know that Mothers Day was started by a woman who was never a mom herself? She just thought it so important that her mother and all mothers be honored for what they do, that she worked her butt off to create a holiday to celebrate the great moms in our lives. So I hope everyone does something, big or small, to make this day a little more special for their mama.

I hope you are all in the midst of a wonderful day! Mine has been great so far. My husband surprised me with some great gifts this morning, and my dogs even got me a card a little gift too. And to top it off, Tom got me a box of my favorite cookies - Le Petit Ecolier.

I treated myself to some Taco Cabana breakfast this morning, and took my dogs on a walk with my mom. Not sure what I feel like doing this afternoon? Maybe go register for some stuff at Babies R Us? Lay out at the pool? Either way, we are going to a nice dinner with all our parents tonight, and I am looking forward to some delicious steak. I've had an undeniable increased desire for red meat since pregnancy, but because I am super picky about steaks, I don't get to satisfy it as much as I would like.

Because fashion is my number one thing and area of expertise, I wanted to share the awesome dress my husband got me for Mothers Day. It's the DVF Squaretan dress in an aqua color. I figured it would be great for a baby shower (which is why I sent him the link... no I do not have a husband with magical shopping powers). It's really oversized and I just think it's badass. I love DVF design, but I usually have a really hard time with her fit, and I really don't have hardly anything of hers in my closet. Obviously, anyone can fit into this shapeless beauty, including my unborn child.


That's it. Happy Mothers Day. You're the bomb.

Love,
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment