Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Bye bye 2nd trimester... hello double chin...

It feels pretty awesome to know I am now in the home stretch, but 3 more months seems impossible. I can't imagine my belly getting any bigger. My nickname around the house is "humpty" - mostly because I wear a lot of white tshirts that make me resemble an egg.

Overall, I would rate that 2nd trimester as "very tolerable." I still had some weird things happen - like more morning sickness and crazy snoring - but I already regret not being more productive during those months that are relatively "easy."

So here we are, the third trimester. It seems like all of a sudden the baby is crazy active. I have been feeling him for over six weeks now, but this is different. I can tell that he is getting bigger. And stronger. And more pissed about how crowded it is in there. Thomas FINALLY felt the baby kick. It was one of those things that as soon as I would have Thomas touch, the baby would decide to take a nap. Or right when Thomas took his hand off for one second to scratch his nose, the baby would sneak in a jab.

In regards to the double chin, I mean I don't have a permanent one. But there is definitely some extra gobble going on. And it's making me snore which I haven't done since I had my tonsils out 20 years ago. Most mornings I am woken up by the sound of my own snorts.

In order to get some pictures into the post, here is what we've been doing this past week...

My brother and nephew came to town for a visit, and I took my nephew on a movie date to see Madagascar 3...

 The movie was good, not great. I don't really get into animated movies the same way other adults do. If you've seen it, my favorite part was when the lemur and the bear went on a date and "Ave Maria" was playing. After the movies, we went to academy to buy some baseball socks (Avery's request). Of course, they do not make them in 3 year old size, so they became baseball thigh-highs...

The main highlight of the weekend was a wedding for my brother's best friend, Clint. I have known Clint since I was in elementary school and he purposely called me "Laura" for about 8 years. We all had a good time. Here is my broham and mom...

 I tried to do a high bun ala Kourtney Kardashian, but it ended up looking a little more Cinderella-esque than I had planned...

This is for sure the best UT tower cake I've ever seen...

And here I am with mom and my bump. My non maternity dress worked out pretty good, but Thomas thought it was unfair that I told him he had to wear a suit when I ended up wearing sandals...

Meanwhile, at home, Thomas fell asleep watching an instructional golf video...

I spent all day making a red and blue cake (or pink and turquoise because they were out of the regular food coloring), and after icing it for 20 minutes, I knocked it on the floor. Luckily, it landed face up, so don't worry, I WILL STILL EAT IT. But I had to cut off about 20% and it is not quite the masterpiece I was hoping for...

Our firstborn Abbey tends to have anxiety from time to time that is mostly triggered by seeing people she hasn't seen in a while. She just like freaks. the. eff. out. With excitement. So we got her a Thundershirt for when we knew people would be coming over to help her calm down. Well, since buying the thundershirt, she developed an actual fear of thunder. Coincidence? There has been lots of rainless thunder in Texas this week, and the fireworks are helping either...

Happy early 4th of July! So far our only plans are making the dogs wear patriotic bowties for about three minutes. 

Love,
Lauren




1 comment: