Saturday, June 30, 2012

Lesson learned: say no to blousy tops...

I was 27 weeks yesterday, so I went to take a picture of myself in the bathroom. I was shocked when I looked huge in every picture. I will admit that sometimes I may have reverse body dismorphic disorder - meaning I believe that I am thinner than I actually am. But I couldn't accept what I was seeing.

27 weeks, but looking more like 270 weeks...

 I changed every direction and angle possible, until I realized that it wasn't me, it was the blousy disaster that I had chosen to drape over my pregnant body. Proof...

See? I magically lost like 100 lbs. This confirms everything I have felt about maternity clothing from the beginning. Wear things that hug your body. Lately it feels like I have been wearing full body unitards in the form of leggings and a fitted top. It really is the perfect outfit: covers all your new cellulite, confirms that yes you are pregnant and not just fat, and keeps the extra bulk out of your clothes. You just definitely want something that hugs the bottom of your belly so that it doesn't look like you are wearing drapery.

*Note. The top I am wearing isn't even maternity - just a regular chiffon Cynthia Steffe blouse that I found at TJ Maxx. Also, these pictures make it look like I have crazy roots. I don't in real life - just normal ole plain jane brown hair.

Love,
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment