Saturday, September 1, 2012

Just like Sarah Jessica Parker...

First I just need to clarify that I am 36 weeks pregnant. FULL TERM PEOPLE. My due date is still 4 weeks away, but doctors have still created this "full term" thing to make pregnant women even more uncomfortable and impatient during the last month of pregnancy.

From the day I found out I was pregnant, I knew I was going to have to make some changes to my "acting" gig with my dad's car dealership. Like when Sarah Jessica Parker had to carry around shopping bags to hide her belly on SATC... Just like that. So I made sure that all commercials immediately change my name to Lauren Rocco Dougherty. It was originally decided to just keep my maiden name so as not to confuse people, but I couldn't have the greater Houston metro area thinking I was an unwed mother or that I had a shotgun wedding. Every commercial up until this latest one did not really reveal that I had a bun in the oven, which is exactly how I wanted it... and I didn't even need an oversized handbag or a trench coat.

But for the most recent commercial, shot at 34 weeks pregnant, I was under the impression that we were going to try and "hide" the fact that I was pregnant by filming up close. I don't read scripts ahead of time because I'm awesome, so I came completely unprepared when I showed up to the studio and read that the entire commercial was about me having a baby (see below).

I really did throw a mini-fit... similar to when moms make their 4 year olds wear fake eyelashes for the first time on "Toddlers in Tiaras." But no one gave me pixie sticks or mountain dew to calm me down. To make matters worse, once the baby is here, I think they're going to add a banner that says like "congrats - it's a boy." That's awful, right? I feel so freaking self-concious about it, but because I am the paid talent, and we realllly need some shutters for our bedroom, I didn't have much leverage in getting my way.


I have no idea if this has hit the air yet, but you saw it here first. 

Love,
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment