Friday, December 21, 2012

I'm on to you...

I don't know much about tracking blog traffic, but from the very little I understand... I see all of you for your true colors. You're just interested in my BODY.

The post that has had the most views is, by far, the one where you get to see me half naked at 32 weeks pregnant. I don't really know what to think about this. In a perfect world you were like wow look how cute and awesome Lauren is for posting such a revealing picture of herself. But in reality you were probably like BARF and then forwarded it to all your coworkers.

Either way, I get it, and I don't blame you. I would do the same thing.

So I've decided that I am going to start updating this blog with my current fitness goals and progress. There is no way in hell that I will be posting a picture of myself in a sportsbra any time soon, but I will try to fulfill my viewership's interest in my muffin top.

If you were just dying to know, I gained 50 lbs during pregnancy. Unfortunately, Henry was not a 45lb baby, so I have a long way to go. I literally lost 30 lbs in the first two weeks after he was born, but have not lost anything since. Admittedly, I haven't been trying all that hard. I have been walking pretty much every day since he was born, and I started going to boot camp two weeks ago. But we all know the key to losing weight is diet, and I don't really have that part under control yet.

In the past when I have wanted to lose weight, I basically had to let myself go hungry many times throughout the day. And when I was really determined, it was just mind over matter. But when breastfeeding, you can't NOT eat. You're actually supposed to have an extra 500 calories, otherwise it could hurt your milk supply. Also, breastfeeding makes you sooo hungry. Imagine being a pregnant teenage boy, on your period, that just woke up from a nap. That's how hungry I am all freaking day.

Regardless, those are all excuses and I am just not making it happen at the moment. I am hoping that maybe posts like these will give me some accountability. Although... I left in the middle of writing this to go to Taco Cabana and get a breakfast burrito.

For now, let's reflect back on skinnier times...



I never shared this video, but it kind of makes sense to put it in this post. My grossly swollen feet at 40 weeks pregnant. It's no shocker that I lost 30 lbs in two weeks when I had at least 5 lbs of fluid in each of my feet...

If any of you have any post-partum weight loss secrets, please share in the comments! 

Love,
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment