Monday, January 7, 2013

My first mom badge...

Mom hair. This Saturday I cut about 5 inches off my hair. I still can't really believe I did, as I am overly passionate about long hair. My feelings are that if your hair is long, then you don't have to do anything to it because it's... long. And that's the "look." Long hair works especially well for people like me who don't like to dry their hair and prefer to wear it in a pony tail most of the time. I also feel that I need to exercise my right as a free woman to flaunt long locks.

But then Henry started grabbing it and throwing up in it. I've had to rise it out in the sink a couple times. It was so long that even when it was pulled back, it hung down so far that he was constantly latching on to it with his little monkey hands.

Bye bye pretty hair...

Hello slightly less cool but infinitely more comfortable hair...

This is the shortest my hair has been since... maybe sophomore year of college? It took about 5 years to grow my hair out that long, so this is a big adjustment. I realize it's not really that short or anything, but I feel like I'm bald... Little Edie style. Time to invest in some brightly colored head scarves. If you get that reference, go ahead and consider us best friends.

Love,
Lauren

PS - My first mom badge might actually be when I tried on a pair of pants of Chico's. They looked terrible, just as expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment