Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Weight Wednesday: a life without funnel cake is no life at all...

First, I would just like to address the low frequency in posting on the blog lately. We have had lots and lots of out of town guests the past few weekends, plus my mom and husband have been out of town leaving me to, you know, take care of the baby BY MYSELF. There really are just things that I have to do that take priority over blogging. Vacuuming and showering would be two examples. And sometimes at the end of the day, I am just so worn out that I feel like I have nothing to give or offer in terms of writing. There are actually quite a few "drafts" that I have abandoned lately because halfway through I can easily recognize that what I am writing about has no real focus or point. My perfect blog post at the moment would be my feelings on "GIRLS" on HBO. I have a lot of them, as do most people that watch the show. Sometimes it's just to much, and I need someone to talk to about this show. Stay tuned.

Now that that is out of the way, here we go...
One more pound. Yay. This weekend was another bad weekend brought on by the rodeo and one of my best friends coming into town. Let me just recount everything I had at the rodeo: a huge ass Lime-a-Rita, funnel cake, BBQ sandwich, and two glasses of wine. Honestly, I've done way worse at the rodeo in previous years, but a "good" diet day for me probably has less calories than one funnel cake. 

For anyone that has never been to the Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo: you honestly have no idea what you're missing. It's the best time of the year. Better than football season as far as I am concerned. When I think about a lifetime of rodeo performances, I realize that I have seen some pretty incredible shows. The Dixie Chicks, Shania Twain, Willie Nelson, BILLY RAY CYRUS, Blake Shelton, Zac Brown Band, Lynyrd Skynyrd, DESTINY'S CHILD, Taylor Swift, Tim McGraw, and many more. I obviously regret not seeing Selena back in the 90s. Obviously. 

But anyway, I still have 18 pounds to go to get to my pre-pregnancy weight. My initial goal was to lose everything by the time Henry was 6 months old. Well, that is 20 days away, and most likely not going to happen unless I suddenly need one of my limbs amputated. There is that saying of "9 months to put it on, 9 months to take it off" and I really hope I can reach my goals in that time frame. That gives me until July 9th. It remains to be seen what I will look like at that weight. My stomach will definitely never look as cute as it once did, and my boobs definitely aged about 10 years during pregnancy/nursing. I would say that is the only drawback to being a young-er mom: sacrificing your body at an age when you can still very easily dress young. I still had years of bikinis ahead of me, but honestly, unless I have a tummy tuck in the future, the best I may ever be able to hope for now is a mono-kini. If you ever heard that labor pain is God's punishment for original sin, the person that told you that is wrong. It's stretchmarks, people.

Finally, I want to give a HUUUUUUGE shoutout to my friend, Ryann! She and her husband welcomed their son into the world yesterday and he is just the cutest! You can check out her blog and pregnancy updates here at West 26th Bliss. Congrats to Ryann and her adorable little family. Also, Congrats to our friends Shane and Liz for welcoming their baby girl on Saturday! She has definitely already solidified her princess status and is going to be an incredibly loved little girl!

Love,
Lauren


No comments:

Post a Comment