Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Weight Wednesday: March 13th...

So as you can see, no weight loss this week. I am a-ok with that. If you knew everything I ate/drank this past weekend, you would agree that zero weight gain was an accomplishment. My final weigh-in for the My Fit Foods 21 Day Challenge was on Friday. I ended up squeezing out 15 lbs. The morning of the weigh-in, I got my ass out of bed at 7am, put Henry in the stroller and tried to sweat out as much extra weight as possible. This involved wearing many ridiculous layers of clothing. Hey gorgeous...

Here is the before/after picture I submitted for the contest. The improvement is subtle, but noticeable...

15 lbs in 21 days is legit. I am pretty sure I won the prize for my store which is a $250 gift card to My Fit Foods. I won't know for a while if I won the nation wide trip to Cabo. But you can bet your ass I will keep you posted!

I feel really good about the progress I have made so far. If I have a "secret"or any tip, it's my attitude about weight loss. For me, at this point, I just keep the entire process very practical and realistic. I am overweight, and need to lose weight to be healthy and look good. Simple as that. I try to not make it emotional or focus on "how hard it is" or "why me." I just see it as a responsibility versus a hardship. All of my actions have consequences, and I always have a choice in what I eat or when I work out. I think I am very realistic about my body and where I stand. I know I don't look that great right now, but I also know that if I just keep trucking along that eventually I will. If I even think about just the women I know, most have times when they were bigger and smaller. No one is going to be perfect every day of their life, and right now I am just in a "needs improvement" phase. It's not the end of the world, it's not a life sentence to never be cute or attractive again. 

Love,
Lauren


No comments:

Post a Comment