Friday, April 12, 2013

Henry: 6 months!

I can't believe that my first child, my flesh and blood, is already 6 months old. And to be clear, I am not sad about this AT ALL! Sure, I have moments every day where I will feel the full weight of the realization that Henry is only going to be my little baby for about half a second. And at those moments, I am tempted to go lay in bed and sob for 2 hours. But, life has gotten so much easier as he has gotten older. He eats better, he sleeps better, he plays better, and he is finally on a reliable schedule. 

Let's talk about the schedule. I have never been interested in Baby Wise or any scheduling programs for babies. Mostly because I kind of feel like once you set a schedule, you screw yourself. You become a slave to THE SCHEDULE. I moreso had the attitude that I will try to keep our days consistent, and that hopefully Henry will develop a schedule that fits around our typical activities. Luckily, it worked out perfectly. He is still flexible, so if it's nap time, but we're not home from Target yet, all hell doesn't break loose. I'm not dogging Baby Wise (because I totally believe that it works), I just knew that I didn't want to not be able to work out or go to lunch because the schedule said I couldn't. I mean, overall, I still pretty much plan my day around what I think his schedule will be, but I like that it's not this extra thing to worry about at the back of my mind. 

Henry has always been a champion sleeper, and in the past two months he is sleeping longer and longer. He is now officially sleeping about 12 hours every night... and doesn't wake up once. Usually. While this is obviously awesome, it is kind of annoying that we have to go to dinner at like 5:30 so we can accommodate his 7pm bedtime routine. I do feel pretty rigid about bedtime (probably because of my own sleep issues), and I get really stressed out if we have to put him to bed late. And I would never put him to sleep say at his grandma's and then wake him up at 9pm to go home. Henry sleeps perfectly for the most part, and the last thing I want to do is mess with something so reliable. 

His stats for 6 months are: weight-17.4 lbs (51%), height-26.75 inches (63%), and head circumference-18.1 inches (96%). He is in size 3 diapers, and because baby clothes are crazy he is wearing anywhere from 6M to 12M clothes. 

For development, he is sitting and rolling on both sides. He's eating pureed baby foods pretty well, loves mum mums, and is starting to get the hang of puffs. So far, his favorite food is carrots, and he shuns bananas for some reason. He's also still getting five 8oz bottles of formula a day. He is figuring out his sounds a bit more, and is currently doing this weird throat-clearing thing all the time. We are teaching him sign language, but have no clue if he is absorbing any of it. 

OH, AND HE HAS TWO TEETH! I can't believe I almost forgot that! Teething is a bitch, so maybe I tried to block it out of my memory.


And, I forgot to post his 5 month picture...

Love,
Lauren


No comments:

Post a Comment