Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Weightloss Wednesday: Half way there!

It took me a while to realize that 15 is half of 30. While I am pumped that I am half way there, I am also like ughhhh I have to go through that all again. I am a big fan of before & afters - so here is a progress shot.

I can definitely tell a difference in the picture. I'm wearing the same shirt, and it's much looser, for sure. The one thing I am most insecure about is my arms. Unfortunately, my arms don't seem to be slimming down yet, but I am sure it will come in time. 

I've just been trucking along. Doing my best to exercise and make good food decisions. The difference for me between a 1 lb week and a 2 lb week is definitely how well I reign myself in on the weekends. I actually still ate out a lot this weekend, but I did small portions and basically didn't eat anything the rest of the day (not a practice I suggest or endorse). 

So the medication I was prescribed for my sleep disorder can sometimes suppress your appetite. I was really looking forward to this side effect, hoping it could help me in my quest. Well, not only does it not make me not hungry, at this point, it just plain doesn't work. I am as exhausted as ever, and totally bummed. The first day I took it was life changing. I felt exactly like myself, but refreshed and awake. I wasn't jittery or crazy... just normal. After the second day, there was no effect at all other than just feeling kind of strung out. Upon googling it, it seems like a lot of people do not find relief from that medicine. I am really bummed that it's not helping, and also not really sure what to do next (without spending hundreds of dollars on even more medical stuff). 

That's it for this week! 

Love,
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment