Monday, May 13, 2013

Mother's Day recap...

 I hope all of you had a great Mother's Day! We had a nice day that started with me getting to sleep in. But then, of all mornings, a woodpecker starting pecking at our house around 8:15am, so my rare opportunity to sleep in was ruined. Typical. We went on a nice long walk with the dogs in the morning, and then we met my parents for brunch at Perry's.

Immediately following, I passed out and took a two hour nap. To stabilize my post-nap diabetes, Tom took me to Connie's Custard for an evening snack. If you live anywhere near Klein or Cypress, you need to go there next time you're in the mood for a treat.

Lastly, I watched the new Game of Thrones (WITH SUBTITLES), which is always the perfect end to my weekend. I realize I haven't ever mentioned this on my blog, but I can't hear for shit. I don't qualify for a hearing aid or anything like, but when it comes to any show where the main characters have accents, I usually only get the gist of what is happening. The first two season of Game of Thrones caused me a lot of stress as I not only didn't know who anyone was (how many middle-aged men with brown hair can be on one show?), but I also had no idea what they were saying. I am now finally getting it. Except, could someone please draw me a picture of "the wall" and explain to me who is where, because it's not all adding up for me at the moment.

Anyway, the best part of my day was probably Henry's outfit. I rarely dress him in anything but tshirts, so his cuteness on Mother's Day overwhelmed me. I also wanted to include a picture of my new sandals because I am pretty sure they are Lauren Dougherty personified as a shoe.







Did anyone see Great Gatsby this weekend? I am dying to see it. Dy. Ing. The trailer gets me so excited that I feel sick to my stomach when I watch it. Leo is my favorite actor, and it's not just because in 6th grade I literally thought that if I prayed hard enough, that we would get married some day. To be honest, I have never read The Great Gatsby, as it was never assigned to me in high school. I don't know what the ending is, so I am wondering if I am going to sob as hard as I did when I saw Romeo + Juliet or Moulin Rouge for the first time. 

Love,
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment