Monday, May 20, 2013

Family time at the lake...

One thing about having a baby that distinctly changes your life is the profound appreciation you have for spending time together as a family. I loved spending time with my husband before we had a baby, but now that Henry is here, that joy that you get from being around your loved ones definitely transcends anything I've felt before towards my family. 

We went to my family's lake house in Marble Falls this past weekend, and that feeling of togetherness was in full bloom. The lake house is literally my favorite place on earth. Marble Falls is where I attended summer camp growing up, and it's where Tom and I got married. For the past 10 years, I have been coming to this magical place, and it truly feels more like home to me than my parent's house in Houston. I have so many memories at the lake, and I know as our family grows that its special place in my heart will continue to evolve. My family has been explicitly instructed to scatter my ashes over Lake LBJ. 

Magical, right?
Imagine waking up to this every morning...
 Henry's first time in a baby pool...
 Tank top weather...
 If you are from Texas, this outfit needs no explanation. But if you're wondering why I am wearing a men's fishing shirt, just trust me that this is high fashion on the lake.
 Pie from Blue Bonnet Cafe...
 Trying to sleep in the back with Henry on the way home...

Does everyone agree that the Hill Country is the most amazing part of Texas? Especially in May before it gets to be one billion degrees outside. 

Love,
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment