Tuesday, May 28, 2013

The most perfectly preppy 1st birthday!

One of Henry's bffs had her first birthday party this past weekend. It was a really fun pool party that featured hot dogs and sangria. The theme was preppy pink and navy, a la Vineyard Vines. There was a lot of cute whale action happening, and we were happy to dress the part. Had to match the invitation. Duh...

"Preppy" is not really a word I use to describe my personal style. I LOVE monogramming and J. Crew, but somehow I just don't think of myself as being preppy. But, of course, I have plenty of items in my closet that can be combines for occaisions such as this...
tank // Alternative Apparel
skirt // Banana Republic
swim suit // J. Crew***
bracelets // Kate Spade & Henri Bendel
sunglasses // Oliver Peoples
sandals // Frye (similar)

 Seriously. The most amazingly gorgeous cookies I have ever seen...

It's really nice when you show up to a party and the food matches your outfit...

This cake. I have no words... 

Me and my sweet baby angel boy... 

My guys. Henry is all about sticking out his tongue lately...

First time in a real swimming pool... 

The beautiful birthday girl with her mama. Navy and pink always and forever... 

He loves his dad...

I think this picture belongs in a gallery somewhere. The way all the babies are looking elsewhere and Henry is looking straight at me feels very artistic. Also slightly creepy...

I made this...

I can't believe that little girl is already a year old. She was still a sweet little baby when I met her, and now she is a ONE YEAR OLD. Crazy. The moral of this story is that I need to start planning Henry's October birthday part immediately. He loves watching Real Housewives with me, so maybe we'll do a Bravo-themed party. I mean, RIGHT?

Love,
Lauren

*** Do not buy this swimsuit. It is really cute on (no, I am not going to post pictures of me wearing a swim suit), but the lining is nude and it should match the red. The reason it matters is because the straps hook onto the inside lining, and when you wear it, the tension causes the nude lining to stick out. J. Crew should know better!


No comments:

Post a Comment