Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Weight Wednesdays are back!


10 lbs to go. I would be more excited but I've had 10 pounds to go for a month now. I don't know why there has been such a halt in my progress. I haven't been perfect the last month, but I also wasn't perfect any of the previous months. Either way, my goal is to lose the last 10 lbs by July 9th aka when Henry turns 9 months old. That gives me about six weeks. 

I am still going to baby boot camp 5 times a week, and still trying to moderate my food. If I had the money, I would do My Fit Foods again, but it's just way too expensive to do on a daily basis. 

One source of motivation has been posting more pictures of myself and my clothes lately. I will get it all out there for y'all: I am a solid size 12 right now. The funny thing is, that when I was 20 lbs lighter than I am now, I was still a size 10 or 12. My particular body shape does not seem to let me get much smaller than a size 10. Sure, the clothes look better, and my limbs are thinner. But I have wide hips and a wide bust line that never seems to break a size 10. Size is really not a huge issue for me, other than when you shop at cheapy stores like F21, the sizes tend to run small and sometimes leave me empty handed. I feel like when I was a younger, I went straight from kids sizes to a women's size 6 so like I said, I don't have any mental hangups over dress size, but I sure would like to wear whatever the hell I want. 

I am not a self-conscious person. Even at a size 12, I am perfectly happy to wear a two-piece bathingsuit. It's not like I've been fooling people all along that I am skinny and that a bikini is going to let the cat out of the bag. With that said, if I had the body for it, I would wear all sorts of crazy shit. I would first of all, FOR SURE, work out in just a sports bra. This is probably one of my life long dreams. I gain most of my weight in my mid section, so I would probably have to be like 12% body fat to make that dream come true. Anyway, like I said... I am open to wearing just about anything so long as I look decent in it. Remember when people were wearing underwear as pants like two years ago? Yeah. I would do that. So currently, my adventurous taste is sort of being wasted on this body. I think Tyra Banks once said that she feels more confident with her body when she is naked than when she is in clothes. That is probably the only thing that Tyra Banks and I have in common, but I totally understand what she meant by that statement. 

Here's where I'm at. I literally took this photo like 5 minutes ago, so it is a completely legit representation of what I currently look like...

Is there anyone else who would like to get in on weekly weigh in action? I can honestly say that it's helped me to stay in line! Having some pals to check in with really motivates me, so if you're interested just let me know!

Love,
Lauren


No comments:

Post a Comment