Monday, April 16, 2012

The pregnant bridesmaid and revisiting my college hot spots...

I was a bridesmaid this past weekend at a wedding in Austin for two of my best friends, Emily and Scott. I became pregnant approximately five minutes after I ordered my bridesmaid dress, so the past couple of months have been a source or worry wondering if I would be able to get into my dress. I was constantly googling "baby bump 15 weeks" to see pictures of other girls and figure out how huge I would be. When I went to buy my dress in December, I was deep in my crossfit/paleo commitment and was looking forward to how skinny I would be at their wedding.

Luckily, the dress was bump friendly, but my ribcage has also expanded it's circumference by about 3 inches, so I was worried if it would zip or not. Two weeks ago, it didn't zip... so I got my ass to a seamstress and bought a spanx tank top to make the situation manageable. Wearing spanx during pregnancy is as awful as it sounds, and I'm sure the baby got a little claustrophobic. But I am a big believer in sucking it up at all costs when you're a bridesmaid, so it was easy enough to get through.

So here's how it worked out at 15.5 weeks pregnant...

Does that bump look a little bigger than 15.5 weeks to you? Well, it's because I had to relive my college days that morning with a visit to Taco Shack. When most people think of the good ole college days, they probably conjure up memories of the Fiji house or walking home barefoot from downtown... I think of Taco Shack and Zen. So at 7:45am the morning of the wedding I nudged my sleeping husband and said, "do you know what would make the baby really happy right now?" "If I took you to get a breakfast burrito?" He knows me so well. Keep in mind, I had a bridal brunch to go to in less than three hours... BUT I HAD TO HAVE TACO SHACK. LAUREN HUNGRY. 

(Speaking of this, please don't ever guess how far along a pregnant woman is. Someone who I really like came up to me at the wedding and said "you must be at least four or five months pregnant, right?" ... "Three and half, but thanks.")

So I throw on some shorts and we head out. Thomas asked me in the hotel elevator if I was wearing a bra, and I informed him the first rule of Taco Shack is that you never wear a bra to Taco Shack. That is one of my main rules of life in general: get away with not wearing a bra as much as possible.

Memories...

 Tom's first Burnet Road Burrito. It deserves to be written as a proper noun...

Done, and he loved it...

You know you have taco shack problems when your friends get you a cookie bouquet for your birthday, and one of the cookies is a breakfast burrito. 

Lastly, here is a picture from the rehearsal dinner at the Headliners Club...

It was a wonderful weekend overall, and I am so happy for Emily and Scott. They have dated since we were sophomores living in the Zeta house. He asked her for her phone number on AIM if that tells you how long they have been committed to each other. They are an amazing couple, I love them both, and I know they will have a lifelong marriage full of love, respect, and happiness. Mazel!

Love,
Lauren





No comments:

Post a Comment