Monday, February 4, 2013

Valentine's DIY & Happy February!

On this day, one year ago, I found out I was pregnant. And today, I have a baby boy more adorable than I could ever imagine. With that said, it's a very sweet place to be thinking of when you first found out that your life would never be the same, and then seeing the proof right in front of you. Sure, there are so many things I miss about being childless. Mainly, I just want to be able to go run an errand or leave my house without it being a huge pain in the ass. But other than Thomas, Henry is the best thing that has ever happened to me in my life.

To kick off the month, I wanted to share a super easy DIY I made for a friend. She is having a Valentine's party that I cannot attend, and I wanted to send a little piece of decor she could use for the get together. She is also a huge fan of The Sound of Music, which served as the inspiration for the project.

So as you know, my new favorite thing are acrylic box frames. They are so cheap and can be used for many purposes. I used a quote from the love song in The Sound of Music, used pixelmator to make it cute, framed it, and DONE. It was so cheap and easy, I made one for myself as well.



In order to make the image, I just google searched pink chevron and saved a picture. Then I arranged the words in a way that I liked. The only other step was that I spray painted the cardboard part of the frame in Safety Red by Rustoleum. It's a go-to color that I see all the time on blogs and DIYs, so it's a good idea to keep some on hand. If you would like to use the chevron quote image below, just right click it, save it, and print. The image is 8x10.


Love,
Lauren


No comments:

Post a Comment